After last week's conversation about eating healthier and adding juicing to your meals, I wanted to dedicate this post to the importance of juicing. Since I bought my Breville juicer a few weeks ago I havent stopped smashing fruits into nutrients! I'm in absolute love with my juicer and I wanted to show my tips and benefits as well as the effect juicing has had on me. Juicing has helped give me an extra boost on my lousy days and give me the veggies and fruits I need in a simple shake. Read my personal benefits I've experience just by juicing in a short amount of time.
Benefits of Juicing
- Easier way to digest multiple fruits and veggies at once
- Allows you to get fresh juice that's unprocessed without any added preservatives or sugars
- Allows you to have an ample supply of micronutrients which help fight cancer and diseases
- Facilitates weight loss, increases energy levels, strengthens immunity, strong bones and a glowing complexion
Now that you know a few benefits of juicing, I'd love to share some juicing tips to help you along with this new journey.
- Thoroughly clean your fruits and vegetables before juicing so that you can avoid the presence of bacteria and dirt in your juice
- Make sure you buy a good juicer that will easily do the job for you, I purchased a Breville Juice Fountain Compact for $99.99 at Best Buy and I absolutely LOVE IT (Before I had a juicer I was using a blender and it just didn't do the job!)
- I wouldn't recommend juicing as a meal replacement for a long amount of time. I would not suggest using juicing for weight loss as I believe there are healthier ways to lose weight without solely depending on juice
- Juicing extracts the fibers from fruits and veggies so make sure you have a way to get your fibers or use the extracts to cook with in your meals
- Drink the juice as soon as you make it, no need for leftovers as this increases the chances of bacteria getting in your juice if it's left for a later date to consume
- Mix the right ingredients so that the taste of the juice is great
Need to Know
- So now that you know the ins and outs of juicing, I would highly recommend going to your nearest store to pick up a juicer and join me on this healthy living journey. Juicing provides a great way for you to gain the many nutrients you may be missing out on in one simple 16oz drink. Check out one of the juices I made above and I will make sure to provide more information in a later post on some of my favorite fruits and vegetables to juice.