Why Yoga Should be Included in Your Daily Workout Regimen
Your overall wellness is very essential to living a healthy life. Yoga is apart of this wellness which helps promote longevity as well as relaxation. This brings our attention to what yoga actually is.
What is Yoga?
Some may think that yoga is just a bunch of stretch poses with your eyes closed. Yoga actually is a lot more than just stretching and posing. Webster states that yoga is a system of exercises for attaining bodily or mental control and wellbeing. A more detailed definition from Webster is that it is a Hindu theistic philosophy teaching the suppression of all activity of body, mind, and will in order that the self may realize its distinction from them and attain liberation. So let's read below how yoga is actually beneficial for individuals such as yourself.
How is Yoga Beneficial?
Yoga is a beneficial exercise that creates strength, awareness and harmony in both the mind and spirit. Not only does yoga improve flexibility and strength but it also helps to manage stress, one of the most devastating effects of the body and mind. Yoga helps to improve an individual’s well-being as well as help to gain a positive outlook on life. Yoga provides both mental and physical benefits which I'll detail further below.
Benefits of Yoga
Below I will list the benefits of yoga and why you should include it in your weekly workout routines.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure and stress levels while increasing your heart rate
- Weight & insomnia reduction
- Increased flexibility and improves balance
- Protects you from energy
- Improved athletic performance
- Perfects your posture & builds muscle strength
- Protects your spine and betters your bone health
- Increases blood flow and boosts immunity
- Increases your happiness and boosts self-esteem
- Helps you focus and relaxes your system
- Helps you balance and gives your lungs room to breathe
If these aren’t enough benefits in order to inspire you to add yoga to your weekly workout routine then take a look at Janelle Monae’s “Yoga” video for some extra motivation. Watch these ladies flex it, bend it and do that yoga.
For additional information on how beneficial Yoga is then check out this article here.
Webster Reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/yoga